Submission Guideline for Script Development Fund
As a part of Asian Cinema Fund (ACF) programme, Script Development Fund provides funding for fiction feature project of which the final script has not yet been completed. The ACF opens application annually. Application for the 2017 edition opens from the end of February to March 20, 2017.
- Asian Project
- The director or writer should have an Asian nationality.
- The project should contain Asian elements in story, theme, character, and its set-up.
- If the director or writer is of Asian heritage or a non-Asian residing in Asian country, ACF will judge the eligibility based on other factors of the project.
- AFA Project
- The director or the writer should be one of Asian Film Academy(AFA) alumni.
- Eligible applicant is a writer-director or a team of writer and director (producer is not essential)
- The director of project should have directed at least one short or feature film
- Adaptation works from other form is not acceptable.
- Resubmission is not acceptable.
- An applicant can submit only one project in the same funding programme.
- Application materials
- Online Application
- Treatment (5~10 pages)
- The director's previous works (online link)
- Online Application
- Submission Procedure
- Prepare all the application materials.
- Submit the ACF online application Form.(link)
- Fill the required information and attach application materials at the application form.
- Additional document for the better understanding of the project can be also attached.
- When applicant submits his/her application form, he/she will receive a unique link for later modification.
- Please Note
- Application materials will not be returned.
- All the submission documents and forms should be made in English or Korean.
- Audiovisuals should be spoken in English/Korean or contain English/Korean subtitle.
- Each attachment document cannot exceed 10 megabytes.
- Applications that do not satisfy the listed criteria for eligibility or meet stated requirements may be excluded from the screening process without any prior notice.
- All notification will be made exclusively through e-mails. Therefore, please make sure that your e-mail address provided in the application form is correct.
- Selection announcement will be made in the first week of July.
- Recipient will receive 10,000,000 KRW (approx. 10,000 USD) cash grant for script development.
- The fund will be provided by October after signing a fund agreement.
- The recipient is obliged to faithfully report on progress of the project upon request from ACF.
- Work-in draft should be submitted by Jan 30, 2018 and then completed script should be submitted by April 30, 2018
- If the script is successfully made into a film, opening credit card provided by ACF should be inserted at the beginning of the completed film.
Asian Cinema Fund (ACF)
Busan International Film Festival